CD-adapco, a global provider of multidisciplinary engineering simulation and design exploration software, announced the release of STAR-CCM+s industry-leading engineering simulation solution. This release delivers new modeling capabilities and brings productivity and usability enhancements that forward the company’s mission to help customers discover better designs, faster.
“STAR-CCM+ v11.02 continues to emphasize our focus on Multidisciplinary Design eXploration (MDX),” said CD-adapco Senior VP of Product Management, Jean-Claude Ercolanelli. “Our primary objective is to equip our customers with the necessary tools to elevate their confidence in the simulation results and help them make critical design decisions quickly and with certainty, giving them a competitive advantage in the marketplace.”
To this end, STAR-CCM+ v11.02 introduces Data Focus, a unique visualization technique to explore and interrogate results interactively. Data Focus provides a live and interactive link between quantitative numerical data in plots and qualitative visual data in scenes. This link between quantitative and qualitative analysis allows the user to easily and effectively gain insight into the key influences on product performance.
“We are offering our customers an exclusive feature to explore their analysis results in an entirely new way,” Ercolanelli said. “Data Focus directly addresses the challenges engineers face when trying to understand large sets of interdependent data and complex 3D vector fields. Users will deepen the interpretation of their simulation results, and will have a stronger insight which is needed to discover better designs.”
40 User-submitted innovations
STAR-CCM+ v11.02 includes 40 new features drawn from ideas submitted through IdeaStorm, the innovation forum exclusive to CD-adapco customers. These features elevate confidence with results, streamline simulation workflows and increase productivity. They include:
- Local Surface Remeshing: allows for remeshing only selected areas when changing mesh parameters or performing design changes, reducing surface mesh generation time up to an order of magnitude.
- Native Cylindrical Primitive Particle Types in DEM: reduces turnaround time and improves accuracy by representing particles, such as tablets or pellets, using true cylinders as opposed to a collection of spheres.
- Co-extrusion in Computational Rheology: expands the application scope of STAR-CCM+ to include complex extrusion processes involving multiple material streams.
- Hinged Multi-Body Motion: allows for accurate modeling of complex dynamic fluid body interaction scenarios where multiple parts are coupled together with common mechanical joints.
- Fluid-Structure Interactions of Rotating Bodies: enables efficient two-way FSI coupling by simulating rotating solid parts in a local rotating frame of reference, leading to significant time savings in throughput, specifically for applications in the Marine Industry.
This release also provides an update to our marine Virtual Product Development (VPD) tool EHP. We also introduce a brand new VPD tool for mixing problems called Admixtus. By using Admixtus together with STAR-CCM+, engineers in the chemical and processing industries will experience significant productivity gains through workflow automation and have the freedom to explore many designs early in the product development cycle.
© HPC Today 2021 - All rights reserved.
Thank you for reading HPC Today.