Accelerates the Fastest Supercomputer and Connects 65 Percent of Overall HPC Systems; Mellanox Connects All 40G and the First 100G Ethernet Systems
Mellanox Technologies, a leading supplier of end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced that InfiniBand solutions were chosen in nearly four times more end-user projects in 2016 versus Omni-Path and five times more end-user projects versus other proprietary offerings as shown in the November release of the TOP500 list. This demonstrates an increase in both InfiniBand usage and market share. InfiniBand accelerates 65 percent of the total HPC systems on the list and 46 percent of the Petaflop infrastructures. Mellanox continues to connect the fastest supercomputer on the list, delivering highest scalability, performance and efficiency. Mellanox Ethernet solutions connect all of the 40 Gigabit Ethernet systems and the first 100 Gigabit Ethernet system.
“InfiniBand’s advantages of highest performance, scalability and robustness enable users to maximize their data center return on investment. InfiniBand was chosen by far more end-users compared to a proprietary offering, resulting in a more than 85 percent market share. We are happy to see our open Ethernet adapter and switch solutions enable all of the 40G and the first 100G Ethernet systems on the TOP500 list, resulting in overall 194 systems using Mellanox for their compute and storage connectivity,” said Eyal Waldman, president and CEO of Mellanox Technologies. “The growing demand for data speeds and real-time data analytics requires interconnect solutions that deliver high data speeds, and smart offloading engines. We are proud to announce the 200Gb/s HDR InfiniBand solutions that will further the performance advantage of the Mellanox solutions, paving the road to Exascale. With the 200Gb/s HDR solutions, Mellanox will continue to enable faster and more efficient high-performance computing, cloud, Web2.0, database, deep learning and storage platforms.”
Published twice a year and publicly available at: www.top500.org, the TOP500 list ranks the world’s most powerful computer systems according to the Linpack benchmark rating system. Key takeaways from the list include:
• InfiniBand was chosen for 65 end-user TOP500 HPC Projects in 2016, nearly 4X higher versus Omni-Path and 5X higher versus Cray Aries
• Mellanox connects the world fastest supercomputer, 93 Petaflops, 41 thousand nodes, and more than 10 million CPU cores
• Mellanox InfiniBand and Ethernet solutions accelerate overall 194 systems on the TOP500 list, or 39 percent
• Mellanox enables the fastest interconnect solution, 100Gb/s throughput, 200 million messages per second and 0.6usec end-to-end latency
• The TOP500 list has evolved to include both HPC and Cloud / Web2.0 Hyperscale platforms. InfiniBand demonstrates the broadest adoption in HPC platforms and connects 65 percent of the HPC platforms on the list
• InfiniBand is the preferred solution for Petascale systems, connecting 46 percent of the Petascale systems on the TOP500 list
• InfiniBand is the most widely used interconnect on the TOP500 for TOP100, 200, 300 and TOP400 systems
• Mellanox connects all 40G Ethernet systems and the first 100G Ethernet system on the list
A detailed TOP500 presentation can be found here: TOP500
With Business Wire
© HPC Today 2020 - All rights reserved.
Thank you for reading HPC Today.