ZYXEL Communications, one of the leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, announced a significant shift in the company’s focus away from product sales to become a “networking ally” helping partners solving networking challenges.
To achieve that, ZYXEL will dedicate its personnel and resources to become more focused on helping its customers solve their connectivity issues. As the requirements and demands on the network infrastructure continue to evolve and become increasingly complex, ZYXEL will focus on working closer to understand the challenges that its channel partners and service providers are facing as they recommend and deploy solutions for their customers.
“The global rebranding of ZYXEL is much more than just a new logo and tagline,” explained Gordon Yang, Chief Executive Officer of ZYXEL. “We already have most of the technologies that our customers need. Our new vision focuses on providing them with real value by understanding their challenges and providing them with solutions, not just products.”
“As our customers’ networking ally, we’ll help them to put together a total solution to solve each networking challenge,” said Howie Chu, President of ZYXEL North America. “We’ll be working closer than ever with our customers and taking those relationships to the next level to help them be more successful.”
“Becoming a network ally not only means getting to know our customers better so that we can provide them with the solutions they need to solve their challenges, but it also means making it easier for them to learn about the comprehensive portfolio of products and services that we offer,” explained Erin Po, Director of Marketing at ZYXEL. “In addition to the internal shift in focus to the needs of their channel partners and solution providers, our rebranding also includes significant changes to the look and feel of the ZYXEL brand.”
A Shift in 5 points
- A New Logo: ZYXEL is now capitalized and the logo has received a more modern look and feel;
- A New Tagline: “Your Networking Ally” denotes the new focus on becoming closer to the company’s channel partners and service providers to become more of a technology partner and resource;
- New Color schemes: The ZYXEL logo will be used with five colors to identify the comprehensive portfolio of products and solutions as they span across multiple environments, business verticals and applications;
- New Characters: A new series of characters will bring personality and creativity to marketing materials and packaging;
- A Redesigned Website: The corporate website has been redesigned to match the new corporate identity while making it more responsive and easier to locate information, and technical support.
Making PoE easy for small businesses
The week was busy for ZYXEL, and to start « helping partners », the company announced a new web managed PoE Gigabit Switches designed to make easy the deployement of PoE-capable devices such as Wireless Access Points, IP Cameras and IP Phones. Designed for small business environments, the GS1200 PoE Switches can deliver data and up to 30 watts of power per PoE port to provide both data and power to PoE-capable devices. The new GS1200 series of web-managed PoE switches includes GS1200-5HP, which features five Gigabit Ethernet ports, four of which support PoE, and the GS1200-8HP which has eight Gigabit Ethernet ports, four of which support PoE.
Key benefits of the ZYXEL GS1200 Series Web Managed PoE Gigabit Switches include:
- Smart Features Enhance Performance and Security – The easy-to-use GS1200 series switches support Virtual LAN for enhanced network security, multicast IGMP Snooping v1/v2 and v3 for streaming applications, and Quality of Service (QoS) for better traffic control.
- Easy Configuration – Intuitive, easy-to-use Web GUI makes it easy to configure and manage the switches, making them ideal for small office users without in-depth IT experience.
- PoE Support – The GS1200 series switches each support IEEE 802.3at on four 1000BASE-T PoE ports, providing 30 watts per port with a total PoE power budget of 60 watts for easy deployment of PoE-capable devices.
- Energy Efficient – The GS1200 Series built-in IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) function automatically detects network traffic and dynamically adjusts power consumption during low link utilization periods.
The ZYXEL GS1200 Series Web Managed PoE Gigabit Switches are available now for $87.99 (GS1200-5HP) and $114.99 (GS1200-8HP).
© HPC Today 2017 - All rights reserved.
Thank you for reading HPC Today.